0.44 fl.oz. 13 ml
A velvety-smooth crème that works to improve and protect the condition of skin around the eye, where skin first becomes wrinkled due to the constant movement.
- Melts at skin temperature to form a silk-like coating that reduces drag when applying eye makeup
- Fills in lines and wrinkles to eliminate shadowing, making the skin area appear smoother
- Contains anti-ageing SenePlex® Complex and a variety of natural oils of varying molecular weights for maximum penetration
Utilising the most advanced skincare technology known today, this anti-ageing creme features a rich blend of SenePlex Complex, natural jojoba, avocado and sweet almond oils and vitamins A & E for protection to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, and nourish the sensitive area around the eyes.
SeneDerm with SenePlex EyeCrème
The SeneDerm® EyeCrème with SenePlex Complex represents the newest and most advanced skin care technology known today. Not only does it contain our Anti-Ageing SenePlex Complex, it also contains a variety of natural oils of varying molecular weights for maximum penetration. SeneDerm EyeCrème melts at skin temperature forming a silk-like coating that reduces drag when applying additional eye makeup, such as shadows, and it fills in fine lines and wrinkles to eliminate shadowing in the lines and wrinkles, making the skin appear smoother.
The Science Behind SeneDerm EyeCrème
The skin around the eyes is skin that moves the most on your body besides the skin around your lips. You’re constantly blinking, you naturally squint trying to see things, so there is constant movement. Looking at a cross-section of skin you see the top layer and several other layers until you get to the bottom where cells are manufactured. These cells slowly move up to the top. It’s normally, depending on age, a twenty day cycle, or it may be up to a twenty-eight day cycle for cells to grow from the bottom up to the top. Because skin is moving, that means the top layer moves at a faster rate than the bottom layer, where there is a sheering type action occurring.
The goal here is to increase lubricity at each one of these layers so that cells can move easily because they are lubricated (like constantly adding oil to a machine so that it does not wear out). In order to deliver a lubricant to one layer and then another layer beneath, the lubricant’s molecules must be different sizes to travel down to the lower layers; its sizes have to be relatively small. SeneDerm EyeCreme has an array of different types and molecular sizes of lubricants to reach the different layers. SeneDerm EyeCreme is not just for smoothness, it’s to improve the condition of skin around the eye because that’s where skin first becomes wrinkled due to the constant movement.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
Eye Creme is made of a combination of ingredients. Here are a few key components:
- SenePlex Complex – Kinetic Enzyme that increases cellular renewal.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil – non-greasy oil is easily absorbed, and helps to leave the skin soft and satiny smooth.
- Simmondsia Chinensis – Jojoba Seed Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil) acts as a moisturizer and emollient agent to improve the skin’s elasticity and suppleness, containing natural Tocopherol to minimize oxidation and lipid pre oxidation.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil – Used as an emollient it acts as a barrier and healing agent; charged with vitamins A, D and E, Sun flower oil is also rich in minerals and unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic and oleic acids).
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil – a very rich, moisturising treatment for skin, with natural sunscreen properties. It is a very stable oil that contains lecithin and more than 20 percent essential unsaturated fatty acids. The age of skin is partly determined by its content of soluble collagen. A recent study found it significantly increases the water-soluble collagen content in the dermis while offering protection from ultraviolet rays.
- Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil – referred to as the Candlenut; used for its soothing properties.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil – a plant derived vegetable oil that has rapid skin penetration and leaves a velvety feel.
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil – a natural selective estrogen receptor modulator (or phytoestrogen), mimics the effects of estrogen to counteract the negative effects of estrogen loss on the skin; proven to improve skin hydration, smoothness and firmness.
- Zea Mays (Corn) Oil – an emollient rich in essential fatty acids (required for cellular repair) and Tocopherols.
- Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract – a plant native to the South Pacific, which has long been a source of excellence for the preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free-radical protection and maximum moisturisation. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen.