LipSense® is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick or colour. As the original long-lasting lip colour, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own colour palette by combining shades. Your customized look will last even longer and your lips will stay moist and plump with LipSense Moisturising Gloss
If you are a first time buyer we would recommend buying a LipSense Colour, LipSense Gloss and the Ooops! Remover and this gives you everything you need to get started.
We strongly recommend that LipSense Lip Colour is only used with our LipSense Gloss.
Without the gloss the lip colour will not last as long and the lips will dry out. The longer the time that you use our gloss the longer the time the colour lasts, as the lips get healthier for the colour to bind to.
The Science Behind LipSense Liquid Lip Colour
This unique product is waterproof and does not smear off, rub off, nor kiss off! And, just as important, it does not dry out your lips. In fact, it restores the moisture content of your lips when used properly. Liquid lip colour can last anywhere between 4 and 18 hours and is a non-wax liquid lip colour that stays on your skin. The proprietary formulations and colour pigments in LipSense help create a physical covering for the lips, and so the colour pigments help to protect the lips from the sun’s rays. That is just one of the reasons your lips become so smooth and soft with consistent use of the lipstick.
The patented formulation technology includes:
- SD Alcohol 40 – SD Alcohol 40 is nothing close to Isopropyl Alcohol – or rubbing alcohol. In fact, you need SD Alcohol 40 to apply it to lips, while rubbing alcohol instantly removes it from the skin. We do not recommend the use of rubbing alcohol on the skin because it dries out the skin. It is formulated with SD Alcohol 40 because:
- It is thinner than water and suspends the tiny particles within the formula.
- It immediately evaporates from the skin upon the delivery of the technology to the skin. (The “tingling” sensation felt on the lips, when some wearers first begin to use the colour, is the evaporation process of the SD Alcohol 40, felt within the dry cracks of the lips. This sensation disappears as lower layers of skin’s moisture content are restored by the use of the moisturising gloss.)
- Tiny Particles
The particles that help the colour pigments to molecularly bind to the skin (see Ingredients listing). Over time, the particles begin to detach from the skin’s surface. The rate at which this occurs varies tremendously and is based upon the pH-balance of each person’s skin and the colour they’ve chosen to wear for the day.
- Colour Pigments
Each tube of colour has a varied formulation and mixture of colour pigments to arrive at a specific colour. Some colours naturally last longer than others because of the different body chemistry of each wearer, plus some colours are thicker or richer in colour pigmentations, while others are sheer and thinner.
- Layering is a must due to the fact the colour breaks down with the pH balance of the skin.
- 1st layer – touches the skin’s pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
- 2nd layer – protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer.
- 3rd layer – protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of colour by keeping away friction, saliva and the natural environment.
- The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
- Mica & Diamond Dust
The colours formulated with Micas and/or Diamond Dust do not tend to wear as long as the solid matte shades of lipstick. Micas and Diamond Dust create shine and shimmer. They reflect light and are made of particles that are larger than colour pigments. Micas and Diamond Dust may flick off the skin with regular skin movements. Talking and scraping lip movements like drinking from a cup can facilitate this process. You can assume up to an hour of less wear when wearing a Mica or Diamond Dust colour.
- Glossing – It is important to know the long-lasting properties of the lipstick are enhanced by any of the moisturising glosses (see below). The gloss products also help to keep the lips moist and plump.make up cosmetic
Please note: Just like in wallpaper, tile and fabric, it is not unusual to have some variation in colour from one product run to another because the colour pigments we use are from natural sources. Our formulators try to match each run for consistency but there can be minute variations. Also media screen colours can only be a representation. Actual colour may vary due to factors such as skin pH.