LipSmooth™ Conditioning Polish is a natural-based, non-abrasive polish that exfoliates and conditions lips to prepare them for perfect LipSense application. This unique polish gently exfoliates and conditions lips to help restore lips to their naturally moisturised and supple, conditioned state.
The Science Behind the Product
For those who have used traditional lipsticks, the constant use of wax-based products leaves lip vermillion damaged and lip tissue dehydrated. LipSmooth Conditioning Polish helps lips that have been damaged by traditional lipsticks, dry conditions or dehydration feel smooth and renewed, re-moisturised, soft and conditioned. The gentle polish contains SenePlex Complex for anti-ageing protection and nourishment. Coconut Oil and Shea Butter moisturise and help accelerate the exfoliation process of dead, dry, damaged cell layers.
The use of natural exfoliators (Bamboo Powder and Ivory Seed Powder) with gentle, uniform spherical particles provides non-abrasive exfoliation due to the lack of sharp edges. Sodium Bicarbonate provides a polishing effect while Nangai Oil moisturises the lips afterwards for soft, smooth lips. LipSmooth will improve condition of lips for smooth and even application of LipSense.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
SenePlex Complex – kinetic enzyme that increases cellular renewal.
Canarium Indicum Seed Oil (Nangai Oil) – a natural oil derived from the Nangai nut that helps skin maintain moisture.
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil) and Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter) – helps moisturise and accelerate the exfoliation process of dead, dry, damage cell layers.
Natural Exfoliators - Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder (Bamboo Powder) and Phytelephas Aequatorialis Seed Powder (Ivory Seed Powder) – provides gentle non-abrasive exfoliation due to uniform spherical particles.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - acts as a base; an oily liquid made from coconut oil.
Moringa Oil - the most stable oil in nature, full of radiance boosting fatty acids, vitamin A & vitamin C skin-smoothing de-puffing, possesses exceptional oxidative stability and acts as a moisturiser and skin conditioner.
Murumuru Seed Butter - an emollient ingredient that works to keep moisture in skin and soften its texture.
Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) – provides a polishing effect.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera) - most known for moisturising, soothing, and healing.
Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) - Vitamin A is fundamental for increasing skin elasticity and thickening of the epidermis and the dermis. Vitamin A plays an important role in RNA synthesis, known for its cellular renewal properties that speed up exfoliation to reveal younger, plumper skin cells which produces new and healthy cells in the skin and the body. This process of cell renewal and exfoliation helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin irregularities. Studies have shown that Vitamin A is effective in slowing down skin ageing and in reducing the number and depth of wrinkles. A regression of pigmented spots has been demonstrated in medical studies with regular use of Vitamin A.
Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E) - Vitamin E is a strong anti-oxidant essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature ageing and combating wrinkles by neutralising free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation.
LipSense® Moisturizing Lip Balm
Say goodbye to dry, rough lips and hello to long-lasting nourishment and protection. Moisture rich botanicals help to bind hydration to lips and SenePlex® Complex provides anti-ageing and restorative benefits. The lightweight formula is fragrance-free with a matte finish.
The Science Behind the Product
Moisturizing Lip Balm was blended with the finest moisturisers and lip conditioners to help alleviate dry chapped, and damaged skin. Lip Balm delivers much needed moisture to vermillion of lips and maintains the moisture of lips while protecting lips from moisture loss. This versatile rich formula also conditions and softens lips, helps to increase cellular renewal for speedy recovery from damage as it helps protect from harmful rays of the sun with natural ingredients.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
Here are a few of the ingredients included:
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil): used to treat a wide variety of skin problems including bruises, burns, rash, scabies, skin infections, and wounds.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa): Seed Butter - commonly referred to as Cocoa Butter, this vegetable oil is derived from the seeds of the tropical Cacao tree. This solid oil softens the skin and protects it against environmental influences.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter): - considered as a plant lipid. Lipids are the oil and fat components of skin that prevent moisture evaporation from the skin and provide lubrication to the skin’s surface. Lipids are considered as a natural moisturiser.
- Corallina Officinalis (Blue Seaweed): Extract - improves the suppleness and the elasticity of skin. It stimulates the renewal of damaged skin cells, while moisturising and soothing the skin.
- Algae (Seaweed) Extract: hydrates, protects skin from the sun and softens the skin. It is essential in the penetration of the top layer of the stratum corneum and enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract: a skin-conditioning agent used in cosmetics and beauty care products because of its ability to act in oxidative stress and improve skin conditions.
- Orchis Morio (Orchid): Flower Extract - used as a preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free-radical protection and maximum moisturisation. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen.
- Retinyl Palmitate: Vitamin A, it is fundamental for increasing skin elasticity and thickening of the epidermis and the dermis. Vitamin A plays an important role in RNA synthesis, known for its cellular renewal properties that speed up exfoliation to reveal younger, plumper skin cells which produces new and healthy cells in the skin and the body, This process of cell renewal and exfoliation helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin irregularities. Medical studies indicate that Vitamin A is effective in slowing down skin ageing and in reducing the number and depth of wrinkles. A regression of pigmented spots has been demonstrated in medical studies with regular use of Vitamin A.
- Tocopherol: Vitamin E, essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells and for the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin cancer and aid in the healing of skin ailments. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature ageing and combating wrinkles by neutralising free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation. It’s also believed to protect skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays once absorbed into the skin.
- Glucosamine HCL: enhances the body’s ability to manufacture collagen.
- Phenoxyethanol: an oily liquid used as a bactericide and topical antiseptic.
- Propylene Glycol: organic compound used as a ‘carrier’ or ‘holder’ of active ingredients that also softens skin.
- Propylparaben: the n-propyl ester of p-hydroxybenzoic acid, occurs as a natural substance found in many plants and some insects, although it is manufactured synthetically for use in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and foods. It is a preservative typically found in many water-based cosmetics, such as creams, lotions, shampoos and bath products.
- Paraffin: Paraffin oil is a colourless liquid used for lubrication.
Notes on PARABENS from SeneGence in the USA and SheerSense in the UK.
Parabens are a preservative. They are wax-free, animal-free parabens and they are safe to use. We do not make items you must refrigerate after use so we’ve included the safest, most advanced and versatile preservatives to ensure the actives are not contaminated. The use of natural extracts and actives in body lotions, washes etc. dictates the uses of preservatives to ensure the integrity of the product when stored.
Parabens are anti-microbial. Although Parabens have been the subject of preoccupation in some circles, SeneGence does not have reason to be concerned about their inclusion in some SeneGence products. They are ingredients that are quite common. Consumers will find them on the ingredient lists of many other cosmetic products. In the UK SheerSense has been required to have products tested and the analysis lodged with the EU to comply with EU legislation.
EU legislation allows the use of parabens in cosmetics:
REGULATION (EC) No 1223/2009 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
“This Regulation establishes rules to be complied with by any cosmetic product made available on the market, in order to ensure the functioning of the internal market and a high level of protection of human health.”
Please go to this EU link for more information. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32009R1223&from=EN
and scroll down to “ANNEX V: LIST OF PRESERVATIVES ALLOWED IN COSMETIC PRODUCTS”.
Parabens are not on the USA’s Food and Drink Agency’s list of prohibited ingredients and have not been flagged by the FDA for any safety issues. Please go to the USA FDA link below for more information, and let us know if you have further questions about this issue. https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm397393.htm
Please check with your doctor before using if pregnant.